Week 7 (August 16- August 22)

My second to last week in Australia. Soooo upsetting.

We had a fun week, but unlike the past weeks, we didn't really have any major activities or sight seeing planned. After 7 weeks here, I feel like I have seen all of the things on my "must see" list, so this week was about enjoying the last bit of time here.

Wednesday night we all went over to the guys' house and Jeff cooked dinner. A nice low key night.

Thursday night a few of us went for Tapas in the CBD and then for drinks at a bar/lounge called Helvetica. We have been there before a few weeks ago, and I really like it there. Definitely one of my favourite bars in Perth. We had a fun night; once again nothing too crazy. I was not feeling well Friday morning. All I drank Thursday night was white wine, but I guess it didnt agree with me because I felt hungover alllllll day.

Friday night we all went for a nice dinner and then hit the bars/clubs. We had tickets to a DJ playing at a club called Ambar, but that didnt start until 1am, so we spent a few hours going from bar to bar. We stopped at a place called Harry's which we were at a few weeks ago that I also really like. Good dancing.

We finally got to Ambar at 1am in time for this DJ. The reason we went was there was one song that we wanted to hear. I dont think it was played for more than 10 seconds which was lame. At this point we were all super drunk though so it was still a good time dancing. The night ended in our typical classy fashion..... at McDonalds.

Saturday was a hang over day. Emma and Sarah went down south for the weekend to whale watch (it seems like they had a great time and saw lots of whales), but the rest of us kind of just bummed around the city. I finally gave in and watched Dumb and Dumber. The guys have been quoting lines from that movie non-stop for the last few weeks, and because we were all hungover and there was nothing on TV but stupid election coverage, I gave in and watched the DVD. Its about as funny as I remember it..... which is not that funny. We all went for Italian food on Saturday night and then packed it in early. I slept for 12 hours straight without waking up. It was awesome and much needed.

So the election was on on Saturday. We have been very excited about it ending because we are all SOOOOO sick of hearing about it. All the news and commercials are election related and its just been so boring (I think the Canadian election may even be more exciting). So Saturday came, the Australian citizens voted (everyone in Oz has to vote by law), and guess what.... HUNG PARLIAMENT. So now the election gets to drag on for another few weeks while the independents decide who to side with.

Sunday I did lunch with Brandy and then we shopped. I bought a bathing suit for Asia which is super cute. She bought an awesome dress. I tried on the same one in a different colour but they didnt have my size. I may look for it later this week. I met up with Jeff, BJ and Julian after shopping and we went to Cottesloe for a few drinks. The bar we went to was really nice; ocean views with big open windows to let the sea breeze in. The sunset while we were there and it was nice. Jeff shaved his beard off into the creepiest/grossest mustache and wore it out to the bar. Emma saw the pictures of the stash later that night (when she got home from her trip) and seemed to be seriously offended.

So now I am into my last week here. I reallllly dont want to leave. I have looked into changing my flight by a couple of days to hang out with everyone in sydney a few days longer, but it doesnt look like its going to work. The change fee isnt the issue; its that there are no available seats in the class that I purchased. I would have to upgrade my ticket, which is wayyyy too much money. If a seat in economy opens up, then I can change it for about $100, but right now that possibility seems slim.

I suppose my next blog post will be written on the plane trip home. Devastating.

Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey and Greece

Cape Town

'Merica